Friday, September 12, 2014

Baked Chicken with Orange Marmalade BBQ Sauce

If your CHICKEN needs a sweet 'n' savory WAKE UP CALL, try this Sauce!


Hello Guys,

I'm gonna start of by saying if you want some real finger licking good chicken your in the right spot, so sit back and get your pen and paper for this sweet treat. As we all know chicken can get boring at times so every once an a while we have to get our creativity juices flowing. That's exactly how TheBeardedMan came up with this great chicken sauce idea!

A few weeks ago my wife purchased some BBQ from a local guy here in my part of town and I must admit the sauce was absolutely delicious. The sauce had that sweet vibe going on but it also shared a bit of tang as well the sauce also had a bit of a orange flavor too. I told my wife I was gonna try to come close to making my version of that sauce.

And here we are, I went to the supermarket and picked up a few ingredients that I thought would fit with what I was trying to do. And I must admit I did a pretty good job. My family seemed to enjoy the chicken very much. This was a simple bake I want try this same sauce on some pork ribs I cant wait for that. Below I'll be giving you guys the ingredients to the sauce and showing you the finished product. I wish you guys could have tasted this chicken my my my LOL.



Ingredients:

Chicken

Tom's BBQ Sauce

McCormick's Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon Marinade

Olive Oil

Orange Marmalade (Smucker's)

Salt & Pepper

1 Onion

1/2 Green Bell Pepper

1/3 cup of Brown Sugar

This sauce was very easy to make. Basically I purchased Tom's BBQ Sauce simply because it was the same color the one I was trying to make. When I tasted the Tom's sauce it did remind of the other sauce but it wasn't as sweet and it lacked the orange flavor. So what I decided to do was add the Orange Marmalade and the Brown Sugar and it cam pretty closed I think a touch of freshly squeezed orange juice would have given it a nice taste to.

But overall I'm very please with everything and I hope someone try this sauce and let me know how you liked it. Thanks for stopping by and thank you for all your support. Have a Blessed Day.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can you use any kind of BBQ sauce