Friday, September 19, 2014

How to Start a Successful Blog

Do you want to blog and you have no idea how to start? Do what I did and purchase this easy to understand book that shows you how to start blogs on several different websites!

Let me tell you my blogging story. 

First of all, I'm not a writer. I'm also not a public speaker but I wanted a voice in this social media driven world and I wanted to make a little extra cash as well so,  I've found my voice through blogging. 
I started about a year ago with little ideas and tidbits of info that I thought people would find interesting but, I didn't know how to format my blog correctly and the number of views were very discouraging so, I gave up (For A WHILE). Fast forward 4 months, as I was searching +Amazon.com for books that would help me understand blogging a bit better I came across this book, "Blogging for Dummies" and I feel like I've purchased the winning ticket!

Dude, before this book, I didn't know what SEO stood for, how adsense worked or how to change my fonts and background on my blog. I didn't understand the importance of useful content or how people really do rely on the opinions of others. I thought if I just wrote down my thoughts and clicked the "Publish" button the people would just rush over and I'd become an overnight success. Ha! WRONG! 

This book has taught me all about each function in Blogger.com in depth detail. I learned how to change my background, add search descriptions, Links, Labels, EVERYTHING.  I would have fumbled around blogger for at least another year wondering why you guys don't like me if I'd never bought this book. Now, my wife is reading it and implementing what she's learned on her blog: www.TheMindCatchers.Blogspot.com and we're both seeing better results, as far as, views, google+ followers and post sharing.

I will be the first to admit that blogging takes a lot of time and a lot of patience but I'm glad that I made the decision to invest in my hobby and keep my blog going. I hope that you'll do the same!

If you really want to blog and you don't have a clue how to start, click the link below and buy this affordable book. You won't regret it! Also check out the other "Blogging for Dummies" books in the series.






BOOK LINK:    BLOGGING FOR DUMMIES 5th EDITION

No comments: