Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Bacon Wrapped Baked Potato (Potato Pig Skin)

You ever heard the phrase, "Everything tastes better with bacon?" well, it's TRUE! Check out this recipe.


So I was at the house bored watching re-runs on +NFL  Network.  I started to thinking what can I make for football Sunday's for the upcoming season? I was kinda tired of the same ole buffalo wings, ribs, etc. So my creative thoughts were to create something with America's favorite "Bacon"!!!

I know someone has possibly already did this but it's new to me. I came up with Oven Baked Potato's Wrapped with Bacon. Guy's let me be the first to tell you, it's absolutely delicious. There really isn't any recipe to share, I'll explain what I did, but just understand it's something you have to try for yourself.

If you like potato skins or wedges just think of those with bacon wrapped around them, and the seasoning from the bacon penetrates throughout the potato's skin (Delicious). The prep and cook was easy. I washed the potatoes, dried them real good and proceeded to Oil them with olive oil. I then seasoned the skin with Kosher Salt. The salt will go through the skin and give it plenty of flavor.

After preparing the potato's my oven (already preheated at 350 degrees.) I allowed the potato's to bake for about 45 minutes. I removed them from the oven allowing them to cool for about 10 minutes or just cool enough to handle. Next, I proceeded to wrap the bacon, I used 2 strips of bacon per potato. I could have used 3 but oh well' placing them back in the oven long enough to cook the bacon.

Once the bacon is done, remove the potato's and let them cool, add the toppings of your choice and chow down. I was very please with the taste. It was a different way to spice up your everyday baked potato. Well I hope you guys have fun with this cook enjoy it.

No comments: