Saturday, August 16, 2014

Soft Wheat Chicken and Shrimp Tacos

A quick, fun, nutritious and delicious meal for a Friday night with family. Chicken and Shrimp Soft Tacos!
I'm throwing a fantastic meal choice at you today and all my friends who are watching your waistline will love this as well.
We are kinda split in my house because the kids love chicken and my wife and I could go either way. So, for just a few bucks, I bought:

  • Chicken Breasts
  • Medium sized frozen shrimp
  • Cilantro Cubes
  • Onion Powder
  • Garlic Powder
  • Unsalted Butter
  • Wheat Wraps
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Sour Cream
  • Two Avocado's
  • Lime Juice
I started off by cooking my chopped chicken breasts in a frying pan with a little Pam cooking spray and light butter, I added my cilantro cubes, a little salt and pepper and some lime juice. I removed the cooked chicken and started cooking the peeled, thawed shrimp the same way. Next, I placed a few wheat wraps in the microwave about 10 seconds and got my veggies together. 

You can plate your tacos however you like. I like EVERYTHING on my Taco! LOL 
The meal is cooked and on the plate in less than 30 min and everyone is happy, full and healthy.


No comments: