Tuesday, July 15, 2014

How to Prepare Ribs for Dry Rub or Seasoning

A great BBQ wise man once said, "The key to great MEAT is preparation." In this post I'll show you how I prepare my ribs for every barbecue, and why my family just can't get enough.

Hey guy's,
TheBeardedMan is back to show you how I prepare my ribs. I'm not a competition griller I'm just a dad that's likes to cook on the grill but I know there are people out there that would find this information super useful. I also know there are backyard grillers who want to be the BEST at the next family cookout and on the block so, here's a helpful tip on how to become just that.

In this quick video I'll show you how I remove the membrane/silverskin of the rib. 

One reason for removing this skin is so your seasoning can fully penetrate through your meat. (I like to leave my rub on for 45 min to 1hr).
The second reason is a BETTER BITE. I love to sink my teeth into a rib and get a nice, soft, clean bite. The membrane causes that snap or chewiness that some people hate.

I also trim the fat on my ribs, I try to leave just enough for tenderness and flavor so, that part is optional.

If you decide to try my method, please leave a comment and tell me how it went. Remember, you may not get it right the first time but, with practice you'll definitely be able to taste the difference in your ribs and so will your guests.



No comments: